The Umoja Track Club mission is to empower young athletes and club volunteers to achieve their full potential on and off the track through the teaching of track and field fundamentals and skill development.
The Umoja Track Club believes that performing at the highest level possible as a team and as an individual includes good sportsmanship and ethical athletics. The club is committed to teaching young athletes the values and skills that will enable them to positively contribute to their community and that will carry them through their lifetime. We recognize our organizational responsibility to society and strive to instill the values of mutual trust which encompasses respecting the Umoja processes and procedures, our teammates, club volunteers, opponents, officials, and parents.
- 2001 – founded by Ron Robinson and Brunet Lux for athletes 5 to 18
- 2005 – incorporated as a non-profit organization for young athletes by Umoja parents and coaches
- 2008 – a diverse group of athletes ages 6 to 18 and their families
- 2010 – a diverse group of athletes ages 7 to 18 and their families
- Brunet Lux, Head Coach – Spring
- Blanca Fonseca – Distance
- Sherman Chan – Sprint
- Henry Lee – Javelin/Distance
- Andrea Tuua – Sprint
- Ryan Oden – Sprint
- Louan Johnson – Long Jump